Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Welcome to the Book With a Blog Page!

My name is Jenny Dixon and I teach fantastic middle school students at Dutchtown Middle School. At the beginning of the school year, I decided to step away  from the assigned nightly reading logs and instead, try a new approach. After reading The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller, I wanted to try the 40 book challenge. My students met this challenge and read hundreds of amazing books in the course of a year.

I love to read, but sometimes after I finish a series I have a very hard time finding a new book.  The more that my students read, the more they shared titles with each other.  My students were talking about books with each other, but I wanted to create an avenue for all students to learn about great books.  My creative students came up with the idea for Book With a Blog.

Over the coming weeks, my students and I will share out books that we would give a 5-star rating.
We will look at different genres and authors.  Thank you for checking out our page!


No comments:

Post a Comment